Resentment brings pain...!!

There are dozens of folks with us, whom we consider as our pals but deep within we know that they are the ones on whom we will never count on..not even in case of slightest glitches, forget about the dark times of miseries..!! Yet, at some point of time, when they don't live up to our expectations, why do we feel nettled then??
The only reason why we get miffed with someone is when we expect them to do something for us.
Lately, an incident took place that put one of my friends in a snit. I tried my level best to placate her, but all in vain, coz nothing i said seemed to pacify her rage. It just reminded me of a numerous other incidents where people got furious on discovering that the things were not being done their way. Getting angry is human, but what we fail to learn is NOT to keep grudges.
Yeah, now getting back to my life, in my early teens, when i started to face the harsh realities of life wherein your friends ditch, get jealous and might even plot against you (in the worst conditions though), it came up as a huge blow to me at that tender age. Anything of this sort would fume me up and i would lay tormented for the rest of the day.
Call it perceptiveness or insight, but this came to my rescue (and i thank god with all my heart for blessing me with this).I had learnt my lesson that my distress would harm no one, but me, and it would do no good in changing the other person who caused the agony.On that very day a transition had started which took two complete years to make me the person i am now. I stay happier and more cheerful as i expect nothing from anyone. Now, nobody (however hard he may try) can hurt me. Although i need to confess that at times, some incidents do cause discomfort, but then, they ain't so powerful as to last longer than a while. Each night, i dump my grudges and start my next day afresh. So even when a person who said (or did) something that made me feel offended the last day, meets me, i greet him with a pleasant smile (and trust me, it is from the heart and i hold no bitterness for him)
Now, with no resentment against anyone, i feel lighter and more exultant. It was this experience (and aphorism) i wanted to share with my friend that day but it was the anger that i could see on the face, which stopped me. I have no clue, if anyone reading this post (though the case arises, only if someone reads it...lolzz) agrees to my point of view, but all i wanna say is, holding no rancor against anyone makes me a more contented person altogether..

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to read a post from u after a looooonnnnngggggggg time...

great post!!!

really true, it makes u content if u forget the glitches... but, its sometimes really hard to learn this and actually follow this...

Rasleen Kaur said...

hmmm
its nt such an arduous task..
n believe me...it aint dat hard if u cn make an endeavor...
it may take tym..bt eventually it vl b a habit...!!

Anonymous said...

nice blog.........
n its so true ......
in todays world you cnt trust or even expect nething from nebody except yourself....
Gurlin

Singh said...

holding no rancor against anyone makes me a more contented person altogether..

well said. but it takes a very big heart and a strong spine to make that happen!!
good going

Anonymous said...

fantastic write up
i could see the hidden pain that u would have suffered earlier

i have always appreciated u for being a strong gurl
good going honey..!

Kabir

Unknown said...

reveals da truth of our lives : don't expect and stay happy
very true but quite hard to do..!!

i admire u too for being so strong
:-)
keep up
loads of love

Taranjeet Singh said...

Anatomy of Rasleen
Ras = Essence
Leen = Merged

Rasleen = Imbued in the Supreme Essence

You are Superb as ever :)

Unknown said...

fantastic
mind blowing
:)

Anonymous said...

This is very true. I think everyone has gone through this in some phase of our lives.

Rahul Malik
www.rahul-malik.net

Taranjeet Singh said...

Blessed are you, O enlightened soul!

I felt like looking for a nice article to post as a note and share with my facebook friends.. and suddenly i thot lets visit rasleen's blog to see if something is new.. and i happened to read this post again.. and believe me it was new as ever! :)

This time, your post reminded me of this beautiful Slok by Fareed Jee..

"Fareed, answer evil with goodness; do not fill your mind with anger.
You shall not be inflicted with suffering, and you shall obtain satisfaction."
- Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1381

EM said...

slight difference of opinion

Grudges make u do things that you might never (Or might never be able to)do.Sometimes these grudges bring out the best in you.
But that smiling face is just what the doctor ordered.It changes the way others perceive you.Brings a smile to their face.
p.s. I think I am better off with a smiling enemy than a friend who doesn't want to smile.

Anonymous said...

This is probably the most amazing blogs Ive go through in a quite prolonged time. The amount of info in here is amazing, like you practically wrote the book around the subject matter. Your weblog is great for any individual who desires to comprehend this subject much more. Great things; please maintain it up!